Chick Fil A’s grilled chicken nuggets have earned a special place in our hearts. They’re tender, juicy, and bursting with flavor. But what if you could enjoy these delectable bites without leaving your home? With our homemade recipe, you can do just that! Let’s get started by gathering the ingredients you’ll need.
The secret to these nuggets’ tenderness and flavor lies in the marinade. In a bowl, combine olive oil, dill pickle juice, honey, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and marinate them in this mixture for at least an hour, allowing the flavors to penetrate the meat.
Creating the perfect breading is key to achieving that crispy exterior. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt. This combination adds both flavor and crunch to your nuggets.
Fire up your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the marinated chicken from the marinade and coat each piece evenly with the breadcrumb mixture. Grill the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re cooked through and have a beautiful golden-brown crust.
For the marinade:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cooking spray or oil for greasing the grill or grill pan
- Marinating the Chicken:
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Mix well to create the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces in a zip-top plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring all pieces are well coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight. This allows the flavors to infuse and tenderizes the chicken.
- Grilling the Chicken:
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Make sure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.
- While the grill is heating, remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, remember to soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading to prevent burning.
- Lightly grease the grill grates with cooking spray or oil to prevent sticking.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and has nice grill marks. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F (74°C).
- Keep a close eye on the chicken to avoid overcooking, as the smaller pieces might cook quickly.
- Once the chicken nuggets are cooked, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Serve the grilled chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauces, such as Chick-fil-A sauce, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or any other sauce of your choice.
- Enjoy your homemade Chick-fil-A-style Grilled Chicken Nuggets!
Remember, while this recipe aims to replicate Chick-fil-A’s flavor, the exact taste may vary slightly. Adjust the seasonings according to your preference, and feel free to experiment with different dipping sauces to make it your own.