- 4 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- Lemon slices and mint leaves for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Boil Water: In a medium-sized pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add Tea Bags: Once the water is boiling, remove the pot from heat and add the black tea bags. Let them steep for about 3-5 minutes, or until the tea reaches your desired strength. Keep in mind that over-steeping can make the tea bitter.
- Sweeten the Tea: Remove the tea bags and stir in the granulated sugar while the tea is still warm. Adjust the amount of sugar based on your preference for sweetness. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add Lemon Juice: Allow the sweetened tea to cool down to room temperature, and then add the freshly squeezed lemon juice. You can adjust the amount of lemon juice according to how tangy you want the iced tea to be.
- Chill: Transfer the tea to the refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour, or until it’s thoroughly cold.
- Serve: Once the tea is chilled, give it a good stir and then serve it over ice cubes in glasses. Garnish each glass with a slice of lemon and a few mint leaves for extra freshness.
- Enjoy: Sip and enjoy your homemade Lemon Iced Tea!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other flavors like peach, raspberry, or even a touch of honey if you like.